2009-09-02

August mileage record

Dear folks,

A week on Wednesday I will be setting off to Paris with my trusty
steed, and a target in mind: to get to the Eiffel tower as quickly as
possible.

For those of you who might not remember why, I am raising money for
the PSP Association, who have supported our family and many others in
fighting Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, a terrible disease we wish to
eradicate.

I have been training hard over the last few months, most recently
upping the mileage and the pace, hopefully achieving the goal of
setting a new record for charity rides!

So far this year I have been cycling more than 2,000 miles; the month
of August alone has seen me cycling a whopping 576 miles, a mixture of
commuting and training rides which improved my fitness level to the
level demanded by such a wonderful challenge.

The challenge itself will see me cycling 320 miles from Croydon
(London), to the Eiffel Tower (Paris) in just 4 days!

We still need to raise a few more pennies: if you haven't done so
already, please donate through Just Giving, using the button on the
top-right corner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment